Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gradient mani and my first very own nail polish!

So, tomorrow is a big day for me. I start college tomorrow, and wanted a super pretty mani for the day, even if I'm less than excited about school starting up again. This mani is doubly special, as it's both my first time trying a gradient, and one of the three nail polishes I made yesterday! This is my favorite of the three, and the one I was most excited to make. It reminds me of mermaids, and what can be better than that?


I'm calling it Mermaid's Slumber as of right now. It has aqua hexes, fuchsia hexes and moons, and a random purple hex that made it's way onto my thumb. I bought it as a pre-made mix, but as I'm only making polishes for myself and maybe for friends for gifts, it's not a big problem.




My gradient was done with China Glaze Sea Spray and Sinful Colors Athens, and was sponged on. For my first time, I think it came out pretty well! The shift is sort of subtle, because the colors are blueish hues, so it doesn't look as drastic as other colors could. I wanted it to look ocean-y, to match  Mermaid's Slumber, and I absolutely love it, and I'm happy with how it came out. Now, here's just hoping none of my glitters bleed too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment