Saturday, July 28, 2012

David Bowie Inspired Lightning Mani

While watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics last night, I came to a great realization from the British  music montage, and the song that Great Britain walked into the games to -- I need to do a David Bowie mani! I love the man, and have a tattoo of lyrics from Space Oddity on my foot, but never really thought to do a manicure inspired by him. When I think of Bowie, one of the first things to pop into my mind is the Aladdin Sane album cover, and the blue and red lightning bold painted on his face. So, that's what I wanted to do! Sadly, it suddenly turned cloudy as I was finishing my nails, but I wanted to try to get pictures in case I muff them up before tomorrow if it's sunny again.



I used an unnamed gold from a random Shades of the Season collection from CVS that I got for Christmas last year. They have some beautiful colors, I just wish they had names! It's a shimmery gold, with small holo glitters throughout, which make it amazing to see in real life, especially when it's actually sunny! I made the lightning bold using the tape method and Revlon Mysterious (which is also my go-to TARDIS Blue, and the bottle is half empty for that reason. I needed to paint a tiny TARDIS for a friend, and decided that it'd be easiest to do with nail polish. Good thing I used cheaper brands and not anything too expensive!) and Sally Hansen Brilliant Bordeaux. The Brilliant Bordeaux looks a lot more brown in the photos than it really is, again due to all of the clouds. Either way, I'm quite happy with this one, especially looking at it in real life opposed to the photos.

1 comment: